Mr Andrew Banks
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3274 9003
National Research Centre for Environmental Toxicology (Entox)
Coopers Plains QLD 4108
Andrew completed a Bachelor of Science(Chem) in 2012 from Griffith University and shortly after joined Jochen Mueller’s group as a research assistant while completing a Master of Environment.
Andrew’s role at EnTox includes working on a range of consultancy projects, managing the Australian Environmental Sample Bank (Aus-ESB), modelling the degradation population markers in wastewater, preparation and deployment of passive and active samplers for monitoring pollutants in air and water, and other research projects focused on organic pollutants monitoring and biomonitoring.
Selected Research Projects
- Degradation of drugs and human biomarker in sewer
- Emission monitoring for dioxins and furans
- Monitoring of brominated flame retardants in consumer products
- Glyphosate and Glufosinate in environmental waters
1. Gallen, C., Banks, A., Brandsma, S., Baduel, C., Thai, P., Eaglesham, G., ... & Mueller, J. F. (2014). Towards development of a rapid and effective non-destructive testing strategy to identify brominated flame retardants in the plastics of consumer products. Science of The Total Environment.