Dr Lixia Qi
Phone: +61 (0)429 547 155
Fax: +61 (0)7 3274 9003
39 Kessels Road
Coopers Plains, QLD 4108
Lixia has worked at EnTox since 1994 under Associate Professor Jack Ng and Professor Michael Moore’s supervision. She has been working in the field of arsenic toxicology involving biochemistry, analytical chemistry and molecular biology.
She has developed methods using Porphyrins as a useful biomarker by HPLC system for the evaluation of Arsenic exposure in animal models and humans. Using molecular biology methods such as PCR , SSCP, Cycle Sequencing to investigate the carcinogenic mechanisms. Especially established the methods by using SSCP as an early screening technique for DNA mutation at Arsenic carcinogenic research. Developed methods in arsenic speciation and detection of 8-hydroxy-2’deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), a biomarker for DNA oxidative damage in urine samples.
After battling from breast cancer in 2002 she was back to work early 2005. She is currently working as a part time research officer within Metals and Metalloids group, mainly in charging of operation and maintenance of analytical instrument ICP-MS for trace element measurement and HPLC (systems2) for Porphyrins analysis.
- Jian Ping Wang, Lixia Qi, Baoshen Zheng, Faye Liu, Michael R. Moore., 2003. Porphyrins and malondialdehyde as early biomarkers in individuals exposed to arsenic contaminated coal in Guizhou, P.R.China. Epidemiology; 14 (5). September Supplement 2003.
- Wang, J.P., Qi, L., Moore, M.R., Ng, J.C. 2002. A review of animal models for the study of Arsenic carcinogenesis. Toxicology Letters. 133 (1); 17-31.
- Jian Ping Wang, Lixia Qi, Baoshan Zheng, Faye Liu, Michael R. Moore, Jack C. Ng., 2002. Porphrins as Early biomarkers of Arsenic Exposure in animals and Humans, Cellular and Molecular Biology. 48, 835-843.
- Ng., J.C., Qi, L., Wang., J.P., Xiao, X., Mahmood, Shahin., Michael R. Moore., Arungundrum,S. Prakash.,2001. Mutations in C57Bl/lJ and metallothionein Knock-out mice induced by chronic exposure of sodium arsenate in drinking water. Arsenic Exposure and Health Effects IV. 231-242.
- Ng, J.C., Wang, J.P., Qi, L., et al., 2001 In vitro and in vivo studies of arsenic carcinogenicity. Toxicology;164 (1-3)60. Special issue for the IXth International congress of Toxicology, 8-12 July, Brisbane, Australia.