Professor Matti A Lang
Phone: +61 (0)7 3274 9009
Fax: +61 (0)7 3274 9003
National Research Centre for Environmental Toxicology (Entox)
39 Kessels Road
Coopers Plains QLD 4108
Matti Lang took up his position as Professor and Director of the National Research Centre for Environmental Toxicology (Entox) at the University of Queensland at the beginning of January 2009. He had previously held the title of Honorary Professor at the University of Queensland since 2005.
Professor Lang is a member of the University of Queensland Academic Board. He has been an invited speaker at a number of international meetings, referee for several peer reviewed journals and Chairman of the Finnish society of Toxicology.
- Professor and Chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Uppsala, (1997-2009).
- Head of Molecular Toxicology/ Mol. Carcinogenesis programme; WHO, International Agency for Research on Cancer in Lyon (1990-1997).
- Professor of Toxicology, University of Kuopio, Finland (1985-1990).
- Research Director, Eflab company, Helsinki, Finland, 1981-1985.
- Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Kuopio, (1988-1990).
- Visiting fellow / visiting scientist at the NIH /NIEHS in the US; at three occasions during 1979 –1988.
- PhD, University of Kuopio, Finland 1978.
Professor Lang's research focuses on the molecular mechanisms of a cell´s response to chemical and oxidative stress and mechanisms of chemical carcinogenesis. In particular, he is interested in the mechanisms of gene regulation, molecular genetics and individual drug sensitivity.
Please access the following link: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-9948-2009 to view Professor Matti Lang's full list of publications.
Professor Lang has trained about 25 PhD students in four different countries.